Bhawal Badre Alam Govt. College in Gazipur Sadar, Gazipur
Pro-establishment of Bhawal Badre Alam Govt. College
A Organized Team lead by Late Alhaz Mr. Iynuddin Sarkar, Ex Chairmen Basan Union Porishad with his spouses Mr. Khaleque Sarkar and Mr. Barek Sarkar, Mr. Badere Alam Sarkar, Mr. A. Sattar Mia, Ex. Chairmen Basan Union Porishad, Mr. A. Bari (Journalist, Rtd. Professor, Same College), Mr. A. Bari (Rtd. Professor, Same College) and other villagers Mr. Dr. Samsuddin Ahmed, Mr. Sariot Ullah Munshi, Mr. Jalal Uddin Ahmed, Mr. A. Sattar Miah, Ad. Hazrot Ali, Ex. Chairman Basan Union Porishad, Mr. Samsuddind Sarker, Mr. Hazi A. Bareq Sarker from Etahata village started this college in 1967. The present Bhawal Badre Alam College established by the support of above persons and initially financial support by Late Mr. Badre Alam Sarker and other various support like collection of students, provide them accommodations & food by Late Al Haz Iynuddin Sarker as an honored social concept of our brave nation. Our heartiest gratitude to all of them for growing Bhawal Badra Alam Govt. College at this level now in the year 2015.
Bhawal Estate is well known for its glorious history and historical lineage. Situated very near to the capital city Dhaka, Bhawal the darling child of nature was very poor in the arena of education. Some of the then educationists in this area felt an urge to establish a college to spread out the light of education. As such in 1967, some of them took an initiative to establish a college near Chandona intersection at Joydebpur. Joint effort of the local people and economical support of charitable Badre Alam Sarker, this college started its journey on 01stJuly in 1967. Therefore, this college is named after generous Badre Alam Sarker. At present the college is situated near Chandona intersection, on the North side of Dhaka-Tangail Highway and natural beauty adorned bank of the pond (area about 65 bighas of land) of great Mughal era.
After establishing, students of the college started to rise day by day. Due to good results and efficient administration, the reputation of the college is spread. Consequently, Graduate (pass) course was introduced. Many students and teachers of the college took part in the great liberation war of Bangladesh and many of them embraced martyrdom. After liberation war the infrastructure of the college is developed rapidly. To facilitate and expand higher education the government of Bangladesh decided to nationalize of all colleges situated in ‘Mahkuma Sadar’. In this way the college was nationalized on 01st March in 1980.
In the light of the then government’s education expansion policy and for the demand of local students and scholarly persons, Graduate (honours) and Post-graduate courses in ten subjects were introduced in the academic year 1996-1997. At present different courses such as Higher Secondary, Graduate (pass), Graduate (honours), Post-graduate (1st Part), Post-graduate (Final) courses are continuing. Each and every year a good number of students are doing very well and getting distinction in different examinations under National University. Currently about 20,000 (twenty thousand) students are studying in different subjects under Arts, Social Science, Science and Business Studies faculty. And 87 learned and devoted teachers are working relentlessly for conducting classroom teaching and overall progress of the students. The relationship among teachers, students and different students’ organizations are very cordial. The college administration is very sincere to further upgrade teaching-learning, throughout environment and infrastructure of the college.
Steps taken for ensuring quality education
- Formation of committee for developing quality of education and solving academic problems of the students.
- Holding meeting of Academic Council in each month and discussion about progress of classroom activities.
- Reviewing attendance of the students according to their class in regular basis.
- Formation of Examination Committee, Disciplinary Committee, Finance and Planning Committee, Literature and Cultural Committee, Sports Committee, Magazine Committee, Purchase/Tender Committee, Development, Renovation and Repair Committee, Internal Audit Committee, Mosque Committee, Hostel Supervising Committee and Routine Committee for conducting different activities of the college successfully.
- Rewarding those students who stood 1st, 2nd and 3rd place in Higher Secondary and Graduate (pass) test examination.
- Providing special recognition for those students who stood 1st, 2nd and 3rd place or secured first class in the final examinations of the university.
- Observance of national days with due respect and chalk out elaborate programs to mark the day in harmony with national programs.
- Organizing recitation, debate, music, sports etc. programs as co-curriculum activities.
- Arranging seminars in different departments participated by the honours and masters’ students.
- Holding discussion/seminar marking the national significant days and birth/death anniversary of renowned persons.
- Upholding integral discipline and taking intensive care of teaching-learning activities in each day from 09:00 A.M. to 04:00 P.M. by a vigilance team, comprised of 4-5 teachers/officers.