Bangladesh Krishi Bank, in Kaliakaar, Gazipur
Bangladesh Krishi Bank (BKB), the largest specialized bank of the country, was established under the President Order No. 27 of 1973 to finance climate-dependent uncertain and risky agriculture sector. BKB performs all sorts of banking activities including deposit, loan and foreign exchange transactions has introduced Online Banking, Computerized Banking and and automated foreign remittance system.
Authorized capital of the bank as determined by the government amounts to Tk. 15000 Million (Taka Fifteen thousand Million) only and paid up capital Tk. 9000 Million (Taka Nine thousand Million) only.
Board of Directors:
To administrate the bank in accordance with the government policies and regulatory bodies BKB has an appreciable Board of Directors comprised of the Chairman and ten other Directors appointed by the government.
Core Business of BKB:
Deposit Operational Accounts: The BKB Savings Account gives you the freedom to conduct your banking transactions at a very simple way. Savings Account can be opened in any branch of BKB by any Bangladeshi citizen who is minimum 18 years old or a group of individuals which can be operated singly or jointly. We offer competitive interest rate on the outstanding balance.
In addition, all account holders get Q-cash Debit Card and ATM facility for 24 hour banking convenience.
BKB Fixed Deposit Receipt (FDR) Account, Monthly Sonchoy Scheme (MSS), BKB Monthly Profit Scheme, Time Deposits (BKB own products).
Bangladesh Krishi Bank (BKB) is the pioneer of agricultural credit in Bangladesh. BKB provides credit facilities for farmers, marginal farmers, extreme poor, sharecroppers and to the mass-people of Bangladesh who are the real players in making agricultural outputs and success of rural economy.
BKB has been engaged in Foreign Exchange Business since 1980. It deals in all kinds of export, import, remittance and other sorts of foreign exchange business.
The Bank has started financing to renowned corporate bodies of the country for many years. This has opened a new arena of utilizing agri-product marketing channel of the companies in easy terms and at a lower interest rate.
Poverty Alleviation & MCP:
Bangladesh Krishi Bank was established under BKB Order`1973 with the objective of strengthening rural economy by extending credit support to agricultural and agro-based sectors.
ICT Services of BKB
Computer and IT services plays a positive effect on banking system. Afterwards, computer system made it possible to centralize authority and control in the banking services. In this continuation, Bangladesh Krishi Bank has introduced Computerization, Computerized Banking and Core Banking Solution (Online Banking), Automated Teller Machine (ATM), BACH, RTGS, NPSB services. BKB steps advanced in digitization in order to offer modern and up to the mark banking facilities to it’s valuable clients.
Providing loan facilities for achieving self sufficiency in food production and strengthening rural economy.
Besides reaching banking facilities to the people’s doorsteps, giving agricultural, SME and agro based industrial loans for achieving self sufficiency in food production and elimination of poverty.
- Allocation of loans in crop, fisheries, livestock’s, agricultural tools, crops stocking and marketing, poverty elimination, agro based industries and CC and SME sector.
- Offering of various deposit schemes including Current, Savings, SND and term deposits.
- Selling of various government’s ‘Sanchayapatra’ and purchase and sale of prize bonds.
- Delivering remittances received from expatriates working abroad to their dear one’s rapidly.
- Distribution of allowances to freedom fighters, the old, the widow, the distressed divorcees, the poor disabled; disbursement of scholarship money under the governments social security program and pension payment for the retired members of the armed forces.
- Payment of government bills for collecting paddy, rice and other food; collecting taxes for land development and other utility services.